Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sometimes They Don't Make It

I've had to do a little housekeeping with my flower garden. As you can see in the following pictures I've lost a few sunflowers to wind, leaving just a stump behind. 














 Losing these few sunflowers has given me the opportunity rearrange the garden providing more sunlight for those sunflowers which have been dwarfed by the larger ones.

Before:


 After:


I also took the opportunity to trim off the dying and dead leaves at the bottom of the sunflowers. I figure these died off because of a lack of sunlight. As you can see in the pictures, the sunflowers are now less crowded. I'm hoping this will help to ensure the growth of the smaller sunflowers. With any luck they'll catch up and eventually look like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Growing On?