Sunday, October 10, 2010

Time to Plant!

Wait...what? Time to plant? What could possibly need planting this late in the season?

Garlic!


 October is garlic planting season...it turns out. So, this past week I got in my garden and tilled up a small corner for garlic. 


When planting garlic it's important to leave the skins on. Other wise you garlic will rot in the ground long before it can even begin to sprout.   


It's kind of hard to tell in this picture, but, I spread my garlic out a minimum of six inches.This should allow it plenty of room to grow.

All that's left to do is mulch before winter really sets in. I'll do this to prevent the garlic from freezing.

Come next spring my garlic should be ready for sauteing, frying, mincing, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Growing On?